Welcomed Visitors

Celtic Music Search Engine

LOREENA MCKENNITT : ON A BRIGHT MAY MORNING (Official Press)

 




On this bright May morning, I find myself reflecting on so many different things while feeling grateful the days are gradually getting longer.

I’ve started to learn more about the birds that wake me earlier and earlier each morning while they inhabit my farm in tree, bush and grass, some of them just stopping by on their migration route. I’ve also resumed a considerable tree planting program, adding native oak, sycamore, maple, as well as various spruce, pine and cedar.

All of this I do while reflecting on the power of the creative energy of spring, a season which has inspired many over the path of history to write their poems, and create their songs and dances to mark this special time of the year. I’ve done a lot of my own writing in the spring, in fact it was partly a spring carol that found its way into “The Mummers’ Dance” in 1997.

Historically, much spring work was done communally, especially when there was no radio, TV or internet. People also looked to their own innate creativity to entertain each other and to reflect the world around them, particularly during the land-based calendar of planting, or putting cattle out to pasture.

Copyright © 2021 Quinlan Road, All rights reserved.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Popular Posts