Welcomed Visitors

Celtic Music Search Engine

Harp & Chat: Interview with Selkie Anderson - Part Two

Pleased to share with you further insights of this wonderful artist as an extent of  my previous Interview with Selkie Anderson "Part One"

 
Celtic Sprite : I knew you and heard about your music while you line-up with "Tribe Spirit",  having two albums with the band. But recently discovered you also released a solo album including harp and songs... Are you playing soloist shows too?.

Selkie Anderson: "Tribe Spirit" is my dark folk project, actually also is a solo project of mine, including and featuring friends and fellow musicians from my closer circle, who have joined me on the albums and/or also supported me at live shows. Part of the intention of the project was and remains the spirit of collaboration with other artist souls, tapped into similar inspirations, and I will continue on that road with "Tribe Spirit".

I do play solo harp gigs and hang music under my name Selkie Anderson, as well as performances together with other musicians. 

 Celtic Sprite: I have noticed you got over 1000 subscribers on Instagram, how long have you been active on Social Media?  

Selkie Anderson: I'd have to scroll back to find out ;) ....I have been on Instagram for quite a few years now, but always have had phases of inactivity, when I forget about the life online, because of my life and music offline  ;)  I have met a few new friends, amazing fellow artists and even collaboration partners like "Walkuren Dance" on this platform, and appreciate the exchange among creatives there a lot.

Celtic Sprite: Do you consider yourself more bound to the sacred woods and groves, or rather to the ocean?

Selkie Anderson: Both speak to me strongly and I couldn't be able to make a decision. Both feel like home.

Celtic Sprite: Probably your fans would like to know why you chose "Selkie" as your pseudonym. Is this because you have a strong communion with the Sea or Irish legends? Any regent Moon Goddess in your spiritual life?... (Mine is Rhiannon on her many aspects)

Selkie Anderson: The name came to me through a song I wrote for a past project and I felt a strong connection to it, so it stayed with me. The ocean has always spoken to me, as have the Celtic and Nordic stories and lands. As for the spiritual side, a wise friend of mine once said "the truth shall wear a thousand dresses".   (Also, since you mentioned her, I have heard a beautiful chant about Rhiannon, you probably know it - "Rhiannon carry us over")

Celtic Sprite: You recently launched a new single "A drop in an Ocean", (a nice intimate and poetical song indeed), is it in your plans to record a second solo album?

Selkie Anderson: My first harp album "Magical Woodlands" was mainly instrumental, and that was by design, inspired by the atmosphere of playing my harp in the forest. "A Drop In An Ocean" is the first of  a few singles that I want to release this year, focusing on my songs with lyrics. And yes, there is a second album planned as well.

Celtic Sprite: I appreciate your interest on sharing with us this short interview, I am sure our readers shall be expectant of your future projects, and so do I to feature more interviews with you as well!...

Selkie Anderson: Thank you for your interest and time! If there are any questions let me know!...  Many blessings and keep up the spirit!.



Find out more information about Selkie Anderson at her 

Official Site

Support her music and Suscribe to her 

YouTube Channel




No comments:

LinkWithin

Popular Posts